In this inaugural episode, I go deep with Erin Miller (no relation) of Out There Productions.
Out There Productions specializes in working with startups to get their name ‘out there’ through hype, explainer and crowdfunding videos.
The three co-founders also spent the last 8 months on the road in a converted school bus (‘The Cool Bus’) which served as a mobile production van as well as home as they criss-crossed the US.
In our hour-long conversation we touch on:
- Education, college and the school of hard knocks
- Making your first film
- High school hustle: zines and popcorn
- A chance encounter with a hero
- Finding a Scenius and the birth of the ‘Cool’ Bus
- Getting yourself ‘out there’ and selling yourself
Music for Rust Belt Startup provided by Jordyn Edmonds – he’s rad.